Thursday, June 26, 2014

The Money Has Been Wired To Your Account

A little back story for this story: To make life easier my parents, my sister, and I all have our bank accounts connected so that if one of us goes in to a comma or dies it's easier to get at that person's money. Plus, it's also really nice for transferring money for different things. Group wedding gift? I'll buy it and take the money out of your account. Car insurance due? I'll just take it out of everyone's accounts and pay the bill.  Family plan phone? Just take my money! It's really handy. No cash or checks involved. 

Anyways, I've spent a lot of money these last few weeks due to it being Mona's 21st birthday, so I was running a little low in my checking account. I get this message from mom... 

Mom:
I need to take, insurance, phone, wedding gift out of your bank account and you show you have $75...what shall i do

Me: How much do you need?

Mom: $230

Me: (after a moment) The money has been wired to your account.

Mom: What does that mean?

Me: I transferred the $230 to you.

Mom: At BMO (our bank) right???
Me: Where else? My offshore accounts? My pimp? The bank I robbed? The Monopoly bank?

Mom:
Smarty mouth. I've never heard it called wired.

Me: It's a thing Mona and I are doing now. It's what they say in the movies when there are rich and shady business deals or blackmailing or drug deals going on. Instead of bringing cash you just give them an account number and they wire the money to your offshore account.

Mom:
Oh I see.

Me:
Every time I take Mona’s rent money out I have to say the money has been wired from you account to let her know I took rent money out.

Mom:
Oh impressive.

Me: It makes us sound both rich and shady at the same time.

Mom:
Oh yes indeed.

I think Mom's really impressed with us girls. She may have been thinking I was broke and didn't have enough money to pay the bills, but now she thinks I'm rich! And, now that I think about it, possibly shady. I never really clarified I got the money from (my savings account)...she probably thinks it was the Pimp. 

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha This post cracked me up! Mostly because it DOES sound totally shady AND rich.

    ReplyDelete